Who do you work with?

We at Chances Marriage and Family Counseling work with adult and child individuals, adolescents, couples, and families. We have therapists with a variety of niches from eating disorders, trauma therapy, dance and movement therapy, immigration, juvenile justice, LGBTQ, and substance abuse. We also work with several languages We are always happy to provide referrals when we are not a good fit, so if you’re not sure whether we can help, just get in touch and let us know what you are looking for help with.

Do you speak any other languages?

We have clinicians who speak English, Spanish, Turkish and French. 
Just a few benefits of counseling graphicJust a few benefits of counseling graphic

How often do you see clients?

Usually, clients have one 45-50 minute session per week, but this varies – we work with our clients to determine the appropriate session frequency and length for their particular needs. We schedule Monday - Sunday. Please email or call to set up an appointment.

What are your fees?

Please contact us at (310) 647-7616 for rates.
Buddha artifactBuddha artifact

Do you take insurance?

We are contracted with only Kaiser Permanente currently.
We also work with most other PPO Insurances.  You pay the fee and we will provide you with a superbill to send to your insurance company to get reimbursed. We do not bill directly.

Where are your offices located?

Our offices are located at:
8484 W Lancaster Blvd, #102, Lancaster, CA 93524
15233 Ventura Blvd, #577, Sherman Oaks, CA  91403

What are your hours?

We are available Monday - Sunday, various hours (please call for specific hours)

What is an LMFT or LCSW?

A Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist (LMFT) is a psychotherapist licensed by the California State Board of Behavioral Sciences. Obtaining an MFT license in California requires completion of a Master’s degree, 3,000 hours of supervised experience, and passing two rigorous exams.

​​​LMFTs work primarily in the area of relationships –they are trained to help individuals, couples, and families to have more satisfying family and social relationships.

A Licensed Clinical Social Worker is an individual who has obtained a social work license and can perform clinical social work and psychotherapy. 

At Chance Marriage and Family Counseling, we have both LMFTs and LCSWs. 

How do I know if I need counseling?

If you have problems or concerns in your life that have an impact on your relationships, and you’d like some help with resolving them, it’s likely that you could benefit from counseling. If you’re not sure, we would be happy to talk to you more about your current concerns and how we can help – just get in touch.

What is the difference between counseling, therapy, and psychotherapy?

All three terms are used interchangeably and mean the same thing.